Like you, we get many of our ideas from blogs, websites, social media and weddings our readers send us (submit yours here!). Online information is great for coming up with ideas for wedding themes, decor, fashion and more. However, when it’s time to narrow down your options and make decisions, the internet may be more overwhelming than helpful.
A google search for “wedding coordinator Jackson MS” nets over 500,000 results. The same search for Mobile, AL returns over three million results! You might barely scratch the surface of the first two pages of results. You might find a lot of outdated or duplicate information. And you might not want to leave your wedding planning decisions to a search engine algorithm.
How do you find the professionals who can make your dream wedding a reality when there are…
So Many Choices!
Go to a local wedding show. You can meet wedding professionals face to face, get inspired and find the perfect fit for your style and your budget. The elegant and elaborate displays at a local wedding show demonstrate in real three-dimensional life what you can expect from wedding professionals. The experts are on site to answer your questions.
This weekend, Premier Wedding is hosting a wedding show in Jackson, MS at the Jackson Convention Complex. If you live in the area, you can find more information about this amazing event at the end of this article. If you are outside the area, The Wedding Show Pros have a frequently updated calendar of events happening all over the country.
Making the Most of Show Time
Attending a local wedding show is fun and exciting! There are so many booths with products, services and inspiration you may not be able to find anywhere else. At the Premier Wedding Show this Sunday, there will be live performances, live models, entertainment, cake tastings, photo booths and lots of other attractions to get you into the wedding planning groove. With so much happening under one roof, it’s easy to lose track of time. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your time at the wedding show:
- Have a plan. Go the the bridal show website to see a list of vendors who will be attending the show. If there are professionals you have been interested in working with, make them a top priority. Make a list and find them first. And if you’ve already made a decision for a caterer, don’t waste time at the catering booths (you know, except for the samples!).Premier Wedding Show Tip: Check out the list of vendors who will be at the Premier Wedding Show in Jackson on Sunday.
- Bring your people: your fiance’, your mother, your bridal party. Make it a fun day out with the people closest to you. And if you have a lengthy to-do list, it’s easier to divide and conquer with people you trust.Premier Wedding Show Tip: As the bride-to-be, you’re the VIP! Get the VIP ticket for yourself and have the rest of your party purchase general admissions tickets. You will not be separated from your crew but will be eligible to take advantage of exclusive VIP deals, giveaways and swag. Tickets for the Premier Wedding Show in Jackson are available here.
- Prepare to take notes. You may think you’ll remember but with so much going on around you, don’t count on it. Bring a small notebook and an extra battery charger for your phone. If something inspires you, write it down or snap a photo.
Premier Wedding Show Tip: There will be a phone charging station near the front entrance of the Premier Wedding Show entrance.
- Download Bride Scan. This convenient app allows you to exchange contact information with only the vendors you are interested in and prevents you from having to keep up with an armload of brochures and business cards.
Premier Wedding Show Tip: Download the app and fill out your profile before you enter the show to prevent a huge internet traffic jam as everyone attempts to log on and download at the same time outside of the show. Show us the downloaded app on your phone and you will receive a free gift!
- Sign up for the giveaways. You never know what you might win! With all the swag bags, samples and freebies, you definitely won’t leave empty handed.
Premier Wedding Show Tip: You’ll want to sign up for these two giveaways at the Premier Wedding Show in Jackson on Sunday: Live painting at your wedding by Sam Beibers and a golf outing for eight at Canton Country Club (includes a round of golf, golf carts, lunch and drinks from the bar).
Planning a wedding is exciting, and at IDY, we love providing readers like you with inspiration and information to help you plan your big day. We’ll be at the Premier Wedding Show in Jackson this Sunday, so come say hello and win some IDY swag! Oh, and don’t forget to send us your engagement, elopement and wedding photos. We want to share your love story!