Planning a wedding requires a lot of energy, even if you’re working with a wonderful wedding coordinator and a bevy of bridesmaids. Whether you go it alone, bring your best girl friends or make it a romantic getaway for two, taking a break at a local luxury spa can do wonders for your psyche.
When I arrived early for my spa pedicure, I was greeted warmly and offered a choice of beverages from the Relaxation Room. As I sat comfortably in the reception area, I sipped my cucumber-infused water and realized the spa had already managed to subtly engage all my senses. The modern decor, spectrum of rich neutral tones accented with quiet shades of blue, soothing sound of water and luxurious aromatherapy signaled my busy brain to downshift into neutral.
Within minutes, Nail Technician Stephanie Byrd welcomed me into the nail spa where I chose Check Out the Old Geysirs from OPI’s new Iceland Collection, took off my boots, slipped my feet into the glass basin of warm water and reclined in the pedicure chair to a enjoy Shiatsu massage.
After a relaxing soak, Stephanie – a Jackson native with 14 years of nail tech experience – gave me the best, most thorough pedicure I have ever had. And I’m picky. I even bring my own pair of pedicure-safe slip-ons to every pedicure appointment because I don’t like the little foam slippers most places provide.
Here is everything you can expect, in order, with the Spa Pedicure service at Soul Spa:
- Soak in ESPA Fitness Bath Oil (for tired, achy feet)
- Foot wash using ESPA Essential Cleansing Gel
- Cuticle push back
- Foot rub with SpaRitual Callus Remover
- Exfoliation and filing of calluses and heels
- Foot and leg polish with ESPA Body Reviver Scrub
- Foot and leg massage with warm ESPA Paraffin Oil
- Hot towel wrap for feet and legs
- ESPA Restore Body Oil massage for feet and legs
- Thorough (and pain-free) cuticle clean-up using cuticle scissors
- OPI Primer/Base Coat and two coats of OPI lacquer
- Detailed lacquer clean-up around nails
- High Shine Top Coat by OPI
- OPI Drip Dry Lacquer Drying Drops
- ESPA Skin Rescue Balm on cuticles and calluses
The Spa Pedicure was heavenly, from beginning to end. The products by ESPA were luxurious and smelled divine. Soul Spa is the only ESPA partner in Mississippi.
Cuticle clean-up is often my least favorite part of a pedicure. Stephanie’s magic hands were amazing throughout the service, especially during cuticle clean-up. She confessed it is her favorite part because it is so detailed. We bonded over our shared belief that proper cuticle maintenance should not involve nips, pain or blood transfusions. She is now my sole (ha?) pedicure provider.
Experienced nail techs and amazing service are just two reasons I Do Y’all recommends Soul Spa at The Westin Jackson. Here are three more:
- Use of the Jacuzzi, sauna and Experience Shower are included with every spa service.
- Spa guests have access to these amenities all day on the day of their spa appointment. You can even leave for lunch and come back later to enjoy a full day of relaxation.
- Free valet service is also included for spa guests. You don’t even have to stress about finding a parking space in downtown Jackson.
It is not unusual for guests relaxing in the Experience Shower and sauna to lose track of time, requiring the friendly staff at Soul Spa to gently remind them of their appointment. In addition to the nail spa, Soul Spa offers holistic body treatments, facials, massage therapies, and a full menu of waxing services. The spa’s complete list of services is available online.
Couples therapies is one of the spa’s most popular services. Spa Director Theresia Kelly said, “After nearly 20 years in the spa industry, I have never seen a place embrace couples services the way Jackson has.”
Soul Spa’s Couples Therapies includes Couples Personalized Massage and Couples Personalized Facials, a bespoke approach tailored to meet each guest’s individual needs. The Romantic Escape, one of the spa’s most popular options, starts with body brushing and exfoliation, followed by an indulgent massage with essential oils and hot volcanic stones and ends with a scalp massage and gentle stretching.
Or couples can take advantage of the Ultimate Couples Indulgence, a four-hour private, after-hours buyout that gives you and your partner complete exclusivity to the spa. This includes personalized massages, personalized facials and spa pedicures. Couples are treated to a luxury dessert from Estelle Wine Bar & Bistro served with a bottle of Dom Perignon to share in Soul Spa’s Relaxation Room and take home a special gift of ESPA products.
Whether you need a quick moment of relaxation or have time for a more indulgent treatment, Soul Spa is Jackson’s premier relaxation destination. For more information, visit Soul Spa online or follow them on Facebook and Instagram (@soulspajackson).