One of the biggest wedding trends in 2017-2018 is urban-vintage style. The Antler, a wedding venue in Tupelo, Mississippi, is a unique combination of Southern elegance and urban rustic charm. Katie and Nate Mounce’s wedding incorporated lots of southern details and modern flair. Event Rentals in Tupelo set the stage with all the right elements and Danny K Photography captured all the special moments.
However, that’s not the only thing the Mounces’ guests will remember from their big day!
“Well…,” Katie explained. “I had a massive nosebleed after I got to the front and had to walk down the aisle… twice!” Her brother escorted her to the alter the second time.
Some brides might have been mortified by this mishap, but Katie took it in stride. “After everyone saw blood all over my face there was no reason not to be relaxed! My caterers touched up my make up. And we moved my belt to cover up the tiny spot that got on my dress.. and it was great. Plus I got to walk down twice, so it was all good!
“Honestly, I thought it was hilarious,” she added. “That’s one way people won’t forget your wedding!”
She credits the staff from Sydnei’s Kitchen and Catering with keeping her calm. But that’s not all they did for her and Nate. After the ceremony and reception, the company gave the couple a well-stocked Wedding Night Gift Basket to help the newlyweds enjoy their evening.
To assemble a thoughtful gift basket like the one the Mounces received, check out the ideas at the end of the article!
Tucked inside the Mounces’ getaway Chevy is a personalized Wedding Night Gift Basket. We love this idea. If you would like to do this for your soon-to-marry friends, here are a few items you may want to include:
- Congratulations card signed by the wedding party
- Newlywed-themed t-shirts (like one of our favorites from the IDY Shop!)
- Bottle of champagne or sparkling cider
- Personalized champagne flutes
- Small, insulated bag filled with strawberries, grapes and cheese
- Bag of trail mix or mixed nuts
- A stash of their favorite sweets
- Bottled water
- Lavender-scented candles for relaxation (and a lighter!)
- Personalized robes and soft socks
- A small, water resistant, wireless speaker
- A link to a custom Spotify playlist of their favorite songs
- Destination-themed items like floral leis, insect repellent, passport holder, etc
- Handmade, personalized journal specifically for honeymoon memories
- Universal power adapter for international travel
Ceremony and Reception Venue | The Antler (Tupelo, Mississippi)
Bridal Boutique | Maggie Louise Bridal
Bride’s Shoes | Badgley Mischka
Bridesmaids’ Boutique | Bella Bridesmaids
Tuxedos | Reed’s
Coordinator | Sallye Stewart Event Planning
Event Designer & Florals | Design by Tracy Proctor
Caterer | Sydnei’s Kitchen & Catering
Cakes & Desserts | Karen Angle
Rentals | Event Rentals
Lighting | The Antler
Photographer & Photobooth | Danny K Photography